The evaluation of stability of slopes and embankments requires knowledge and experience of earthwork, computer programs, soil mechanics, groundwater, erosion and risk management – and SME’s practical experts can help you.
Slopes and embankments often experience settlement, stability and erosion problems requiring specialized geotechnical capabilities including expertise with earthwork, groundwater flow, erosion, computer slope stability programs, and risk management. SME has invested in computer software, instrumentation, laboratory equipment and professional development devoted to this challenging area of our practice. In the last 10 years, we have completed more than 500 projects involving slope and/or embankment design stabilization.
SME provides slope design, stabilization and failure analysis services for the following types of projects:
- Natural and excavated soil and/or rock slopes
- Reinforced soil slopes
- Mechanically stabilized earth slopes and walls
- Cast-in-place retaining walls
- Coastal, marine and riverbank shorelines
- Short-term and service life stability evaluations
- Landslide risk assessments